Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why Me?

Why me, Lord, what have I ever done
To deserve even one
Of the pleasures I've known?
Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
That was worth loving you
Or the kindness you've shown

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me, Jesus I know what I am
Now that I know that I've needed you so
Help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand

Tell me, Lord, if you think there's a way
I can try to repay
All I've taken from you
Maybe, Lord, I can show someone else
What I've been through myself
On my way back to you

Lord help me, Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me, Jesus, I know what I am
Now that I know that I've needed you so
Help me, Jesus, my soul's in your hand."
Lyrics by Kris Kristofferson

These lyrics beautifully express how I'm feeling right now, looking out at the drizzling rain in a snug house, plenty (too much) to eat, healthy, blessed... when I read the news about how hard these times are for so many people, I can't help but feel a little guilty for the good life that I am living.  I hope that I am properly grateful, but I doubt it.  I don't know how I could be unless I find ways to pay back just a small amount of the grace that has been given to me.   Love and prayers to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment